"Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance."
-T.S. Eliot-

EarthlingZ Weblog: Ambient LOL

Monday, February 21, 2005

Ambient LOL

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: (amb) what do people do at an ambient gig?


From: Gerald O'Connell
To: Ambient Mailing List



>> Having never experienced an ambient gig, and producing music myself,
>> I wondered what people do at gigs featuring ambient music. I've
>> been to raves, and you generally act like a loon, so what do people
>> do at ambient gigs, and how do artists make their gigs dynamic?

Usually I tend to just shuffle around filling the trolley with a selection
of necessities and luxuries until everything on my list is crossed off.
Then go through the checkout and pay.

At the best gigs, however, I end up getting on a plane.
Artists have made these gigs a lot more dynamic in recent years by
introducing random security checks. I invariably demand to be searched
by a female guard, which tends to add a little frisson to the proceedings....


Gerald O'Connell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home